Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 9 years ago
Packages
Last updated 1 year ago.

To make life easier for developers I would suppose. Aws also has packages designed to be used with other popular framework.

If a package is designed well you should be able to pass a configuration into the the package to avoid it loading it from a specific file directory. I use my service providers to read config files and pass variables to the classes performing the actual work. This allows anyone to pass in the condig option s they desire.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Using the two packages you have linked to in your example. The aws-sdk-php-laravel package is simply a thin wrapper around the more generic aws-sdk-php package.

So, the idea is you first develop a generic package, then, you build the custom framework specific wrapper to work with a particular framework (ei, register services etc). You will also find other examples for other frameworks, Symfony for instance: https://packagist.org/packages/platinumpixs/aws-symfony2-bundle

This is the best option, as frameworks don't currently have a common ground in relation to how services are loaded.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Jakobud jakobud Joined 31 Jan 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.