Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Database Installation Configuration
Last updated 1 year ago.

this is few times i have seen this error crop up.. how weird.. I know that is not super helpful but do search around here & i can see if i can find other threads that may contain some solution

shez1983 said:

this is few times i have seen this error crop up.. how weird.. I know that is not super helpful but do search around here & i can see if i can find other threads that may contain some solution

I hope you can help me with this.

I believe this is due to mysql "Strict Mode". Please research it on the web.

The recent releases of mysql have mysql_mode set to "STRICT_TRANS_TABLES" by default. This holds for your ubuntu install.

Homestead mysql explicitly sets the mysql_mode to "". This relaxes several database rules relating to casting and null checks.

Note that laravel now offers a config flag in database.php->mysql named "strict" that defaults to false. You can set it to true to have laravel generate sql that plays nice with strict mode.

Hope this helps!

mnshankar said:

I believe this is due to mysql "Strict Mode". Please research it on the web.

The recent releases of mysql have mysql_mode set to "STRICT_TRANS_TABLES" by default. This holds for your ubuntu install.

Homestead mysql explicitly sets the mysql_mode to "". This relaxes several database rules relating to casting and null checks.

Note that laravel now offers a config flag in database.php->mysql named "strict" that defaults to false. You can set it to true to have laravel generate sql that plays nice with strict mode.

Hope this helps!

doesnt work :(

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

cargie cargie Joined 28 Jul 2015

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.