Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Configuration
Last updated 1 year ago.

Easiest (and best imho) is to use forge.laravel.com note you will need an account with a VPS provider like Linode or Digital ocean.

Please note that shared hosting providers may have issues running a laravel site as you will need to change the document root for the account and many are either not able (competent) or willing to do this.

Last updated 1 year ago.

railto said:

Easiest (and best imho) is to use forge.laravel.com note you will need an account with a VPS provider like Linode or Digital ocean.

Please note that shared hosting providers may have issues running a laravel site as you will need to change the document root for the account and many are either not able (competent) or willing to do this.

I don't really have money for a VPS, I do have a shared webhosting server, but that's without SSH access and only access to public_html Would that work?

Last updated 1 year ago.

You will need at the very least SSH access. Including the cost of Forge, you can get your site up and running on a digitalOcean VPS for $15 per month, not much money really when you consider the value of Forge alone.

Last updated 1 year ago.

railto said:

You will need at the very least SSH access. Including the cost of Forge, you can get your site up and running on a digitalOcean VPS for $15 per month, not much money really when you consider the value of Forge alone.

Okay, so turns out I DO have ssh access.

I just uploaded my entire project to a subfolder on my domain..

Now what do I need to do next?

Last updated 1 year ago.

I personally haven't deployed to shared (although its easy enough). Have a look at this article by Dries Vints for more info on deploying laravel to shared hosting - http://driesvints.com/blog/laravel-4-on-a-shared-host

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hope you got it sorted already, if not, here are my two cents:

I have hosted a laravel project on free shared webserver. It works just fine, though I miss the composer and generators support there, you can always hand edit the files. Oh and I didn't had ssh access. Only FTP@public_html.

Here is what I did:

1. Built my entire application in my local environment (my laptop ).
  2. Created a subfolder called "laravel" inside my public_html file.
  3. Uploaded around 4000 files of my laravel project to this folder (took me 1 hour mind you).
  4. You can access your laravel project at www.yoursitename.com/laravel/public/index.php

This is a very inefficient way to host a project and there might be some potential security risks involved which I am currently unaware of. Anyway, that was just a 'test' project for me to see if Laravel really works on shared hosting. If you want a serious application with world wide exposure, use VPS. OVH offers pretty cheap ones, haven't used them though.

You can easily host your next Laravel application with Cloudways in merely 7 minutes. You can choose your cloud server from DigitalOcean, Amazon AWS, Vultr or Google Compute Engine. Cloudways console helps you host, manage and optimize your Laravel application easily. You can start here: http://www.cloudways.com/en/laravel-hosting.php

Last updated 8 years ago.

Any cpanel etc host is pretty straight forward - if using default public html just update your public/index.php to point to wherever you upload the main app files

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Maveee maveee Joined 26 Oct 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.