Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Configuration
Last updated 1 year ago.

your apache vhost should be pointed to /writeplan/public not /writeplan. This way you don't have to append public to your url on the browser. if you fix this everything will work fine.

There's no vhost set though

I added the site as a vhost and it's still not working. I can get the GET '/' route to work but if I try to delete or add a task now I get this on www.writeplan.com/task:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Apache/2.4.16 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.1p PHP/5.6.12 Server at www.writeplan.com Port 80

The vhost is configured thus

NameVirtualHost *:80

VirtualHost example:

Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.

The first VirtualHost section is used for all requests that do not

match a ##ServerName or ##ServerAlias in any <VirtualHost> block.

<VirtualHost *:80> ServerAdmin [email protected] DocumentRoot "C:/xampp/htdocs/writeplan/public" ServerName www.writeplan.com ServerAlias writeplan.com ErrorLog "C:/xampp/htdocs/writeplan/error/error.log" CustomLog "C:/xampp/htdocs/writeplan/error/access.log" common <Directory "C:/xampp/htdocs/writeplan/public"> AllowOverride All Require all Granted </Directory> </VirtualHost>

Windows hosts file points www.writeplan.com to 127.0.0.1.

Last updated 8 years ago.

what does the error log for apache or laravel says? (error path is in the vhosts, laravel path is in storage/logs)

might be worth pasting your route, controller, view/template code (relevant)

Last updated 8 years ago.

try removing public from directory <Directory "C:/xampp/htdocs/writeplan/public">

[Mon Nov 09 22:38:20.403273 2015] [core:error] [pid 8992:tid 1728] [client 127.0.0.1:59489] AH00124: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace., referer: http://www.writeplan.com/

That is the error.log for apache.

For laravel the last few are:

#38 C:\xampp\htdocs\writeplan\vendor\laravel\framework\src\Illuminate\Pipeline\Pipeline.php(103): call_user_func(Object(Closure), Object(Illuminate\Http\Request)) #39 C:\xampp\htdocs\writeplan\vendor\laravel\framework\src\Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Kernel.php(122): Illuminate\Pipeline\Pipeline->then(Object(Closure)) #40 C:\xampp\htdocs\writeplan\vendor\laravel\framework\src\Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Kernel.php(87): Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Kernel->sendRequestThroughRouter(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request)) #41 C:\xampp\htdocs\writeplan\public\index.php(54): Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Kernel->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request)) #42 {main}

Removing public from Directory doesn't seem to change anything either.

so there is a redirect going on some where.. probably due to wrong htaccess logic..

what i would do is remove/move htaccess, create a new basic page outside of laravel in public call it test.php and echo out something.. if that works.. move back htaccess and see if this page still works..

you need to figure out where the error is laravel or htaccess or apache..

I ended up removing xampp and installing Apache 2.4 for Windows, PHP and MySQL manually. Then I set up some virtual hosts properly and got it working in the end.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.