Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Authentication Database
Last updated 2 years ago.

I can't edit my original post to add the proper gist link (if I get the form and try to save it, it says there are errors but I can't see anything to say what they are).

Hopefully this one works,

https://gist.github.com/felnne/58110a59f1cf2e71bbba

I'm going to give a couple thoughts, you might have done this already

Are the database fields the same when you use the seeder to when you use the form when using the same data?

Other thing maybe, the function autofillUsername uses example.co.uk and the seeder uses example.com, which could be catching you depending on if your not using the full email to login.

I'm not seeing anything really that is just jumping out at me as a problem.

TerrePorter said:

I'm going to give a couple thoughts, you might have done this already

Are the database fields the same when you use the seeder to when you use the form when using the same data?

I assume so, I use php artisan migrate --seed to both together, the seeder and migration use/define the same fields though.

Other thing maybe, the function autofillUsername uses example.co.uk and the seeder uses example.com, which could be catching you depending on if your not using the full email to login.

That's my fault - its actually a different domain in both, I changed it for the gist - in reality the domain is the same (that's the only difference between the gist and the real code).

I'm not seeing anything really that is just jumping out at me as a problem.

I'm pleased I didn't miss something obvious, though I don't think i'd mind if it meant it work properly!

I think my next step is to rebuild it again and see if it's one of those types of problem - thanks for taking a look.

Solution

I'm an idiot - I forgot I had this set in my users model which meant I was hashing passwords twice, which explains why they weren't working in the seeder.

For reference the model is

https://gist.github.com/felnne/d693b5be76e5fea34bfa

Thanks for sharing. Saved me from a headache. :)

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

felnne felnne Joined 24 Nov 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.