Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
IOC Architecture Testing
Last updated 1 year ago.

After further research Im assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that Laravel resolves the actual implementation through the service providers array in config/app.php file. If someone can enlighten me?

This raises yet another question... If for example I wanted to change the cache driver in laravel to an implementation I found on github. Would I have to write some kind of adapter so that this cache driver I want to use adheres to the original Laravel contract?

that seems a little labour intensive?

Last updated 1 year ago.

You don't replace Illuminate\Contracts\Cache\Repository, you implement a concrete class if you want another implementation of it.

If you have a look at the framework, it uses file as its default cache implementation, using Illuminate\Cache\FileStore a concrete implementation of the Illuminate\Cache\StoreInterface contract (interface).

The contract merely describes the methods that that concrete class must implement, in order to be compatible with Laravel.

It may appear labour intensive on the surface, but it saves you time as it guarantees that your implementation will work with Laravel, as you know exactly what methods you need to implement at the outset. You could then package it up with a Laravel-specific service provider and facade.

Last updated 1 year ago.

That's awesome.

The only problem I have with that is integrating 3rd party composer packages that have been written framework agnostic.

In this case I would have to create an adapter to fit in with laravel. Is that assumption correct?

Last updated 1 year ago.

That assumption is correct, yeah. And it is a very clean, object-oriented and simple way to do so. =)

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.