Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 10 months ago
Forms
Last updated by @toddblackstar 10 months ago.

Hello @toddblackstar

Maybe you can show the form that you use to post the data.

The first question I have are:

1. Do your form use a POST request?
  2. Does it POST to /store?
  3. Did you verify that you didn't get a redirect?

Here you go.

<div class="row justify-content-center mt-5">
    <div class="col-md-8">

<div class="card">
            <div class="card-header">Register</div>
            <div class="card-body">
                <form action="http://www.fundmylawsuit.com/store"; method="post">
                    <input type="hidden" name="_token" value="NQTFXYmgPbZkvUuLZ1udFr917BroLgfMqrkhT89Y">                    <div class="mb-3 row">
                        <label for="name" class="col-md-4 col-form-label text-md-end text-start">Name</label>
                        <div class="col-md-6">
                          <input type="text" class="form-control " id="name" name="name" value="">
                                                    </div>
                    </div>
                    <div class="mb-3 row">
                        <label for="email" class="col-md-4 col-form-label text-md-end text-start">Email Address</label>
                        <div class="col-md-6">
                          <input type="email" class="form-control " id="email" name="email" value="">
                                                    </div>
                    </div>
                    <div class="mb-3 row">
                        <label for="password" class="col-md-4 col-form-label text-md-end text-start">Password</label>
                        <div class="col-md-6">
                          <input type="password" class="form-control " id="password" name="password">
                                                    </div>
                    </div>
                    <div class="mb-3 row">
                        <label for="password_confirmation" class="col-md-4 col-form-label text-md-end text-start">Confirm Password</label>
                        <div class="col-md-6">
                          <input type="password" class="form-control" id="password_confirmation" name="password_confirmation">
                        </div>
                    </div>
                    <div class="mb-3 row">
                        <input type="submit" class="col-md-3 offset-md-5 btn btn-primary" value="Register">
                    </div>

</form>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>    
</div>

When I hit submit, it shows http://www.fundmylawsuit.com/store in the address bar so that would seem to me to be indicating that it's going to the right spot.

Do you have something in your log and/or some information in your response?

If I try the form I get the dd information and not the 400 response code. Maybe you have another problem?

Small tip: Using a public website as development environment increase the change that you create a security problem. I advice to take a look at the different options for local development.

access.log

70.165.xx.xxx - - [26/Jun/2023:18:51:11 +0000] "GET /register HTTP/1.1" 200 1342 "http://www.fundmylawsuit.com/login"; "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/114.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 Edg/114.0.1823.51"
70.165.xx.xxx - - [26/Jun/2023:18:51:26 +0000] "_token=ENzaTTPHBwN9rqJQeJ7Mc3X84GW5gmZA0qP6wXPI&name=todd&email=todd%40[domain].com&password=G3JQcw%24Judpnkfz3&password_confirmation=G3JQcw%24Judpnkfz3" 400 166 "-" "-"
70.165.xx.xxx - - [26/Jun/2023:18:53:16 +0000] "GET /register HTTP/1.1" 200 1342 "http://www.fundmylawsuit.com/login"; "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/114.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 Edg/114.0.1823.51"
70.165.xx.xxx - - [26/Jun/2023:18:53:30 +0000] "_token=ENzaTTPHBwN9rqJQeJ7Mc3X84GW5gmZA0qP6wXPI&name=todd&email=todd%40[domain].com&password=G3JQcw%24Judpnkfz3&password_confirmation=G3JQcw%24Judpnkfz3" 400 166 "-" "-"

Nothing is showing in my error.log file.

I'm not too worried about security as all I'm really trying to do is create a landing page.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Todd toddblackstar Joined 9 Jun 2023

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.