Of course, after 2 days of searching and then posting my question, I find the answer. Yes, it appears that there was a change to this behavior in Laravel 6 - the addition of config('queue.connections.redis.retry_after') (or, at least in my case, when I updated to Laravel 6 I restored the default config file, so it's possible this change happened in an earlier version). That is set to 90 seconds for the default, which explains why the job kept retrying every 90 seconds until one finished. I changed this to match my highest job timeout (1200)
Sign in to participate in this thread!
We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us