Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Configuration Mail
Last updated 1 year ago.

SMTP Host Port is it open in your server?

Last updated 1 year ago.

@itsaafrin: I am not sure about that. I will contact the hosting service provider about that.

But I have a question, I guess SMTP host port is something that has to do with the mail service provider (Eg. MailGun), should the same port be open in the server in which the app is hosted?

Last updated 1 year ago.

If you are using MailGun, then most probably yes, you need to get the infos from their site.

As i checked the documentation, an example of their infos are : smtp server : smtp.mailgun.org smtp port : 587 smtp.login : login, password

If you still don't have success, you can check with mailgun support

Last updated 1 year ago.

skmetaly said:

If you are using MailGun, then most probably yes, you need to get the infos from their site.

As i checked the documentation, an example of their infos are : smtp server : smtp.mailgun.org smtp port : 587 smtp.login : login, password

SMTP mail is working fine in XAMPP, so I believe I have configured MailGun with Laravel successfully.

skmetaly said:

If you still don't have success, you can check with mailgun support

I currently have an open support ticket with the hosting service provider. I will contact MailGun if they failed to give a solution.

I kind of feel that I should have first contacted MG though.

Last updated 1 year ago.

The problem is with my hosting service provider, not either in Laravel or MailGun (Or your email service provider of choice.).

The customer care center of the hosting service provider told me that they block all outbound SMTP traffic. So, if someone face the same problem in the future, be sure to check with your hosting service provider whether they also block that.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

budhajeewa budhajeewa Joined 27 Feb 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.