Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Authentication Architecture
Last updated 1 year ago.

What's 'show.connect'? I guess it's not a valid URL. Maybe you want to call Redirect::route() or even View::make()

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hi diego1araujo,

Thank you for your answer !

'show.connect' is my route's name, and Redirect::route('show.connect') does exactly the same thing as Redirect::to('show.connect'). Actually, I first used route() but it didn't work as expected, so I used to() and forgot to change it back, but both behave the same.

The "redirecting to <url>" page is working fine, because it does redirect the user after 1 or 2 seconds (via a meta refresh tag I guess) in both cases.

If I call View::make() instead of Redirect::route(), couldn't there be any security issues ? And this way, I'm skipping the connect page's controller, right ? I need this controller to display other features on the connect page.

Last updated 1 year ago.

#try not change any thing in filter.php and in side Route.php create CSRF group in side group before guest

eg

Route::group(array('before' => 'guest'), function() {
        // this will route   before guest  
          Route 1
          Route 2
     // CSRF Protection group 
  Route::group(array('before' => 'csrf'), function() { 
        // this will route   before  Auth 
        Route 3
        Route 4

});  // end CSRF

});    // end group guest
Last updated 1 year ago.

I don't get it. If I don't change filter.php, the auth filter will redirect to 'login' via Redirect::guest('login'). That's not a problem, I can change my connexion route and make it point to /login, but I don't think that will change something.

Grouping my routes under a guest filter will make them inaccessible for authenticated users, which could only be useful for the connexion page, am I right ? But that won't change anything to the fact that the "authenticated users only" routes won't redirect correctly to my connexion template... Or am I missing something ?

When I say "redirect correctly", I mean "redirect without blank page (with "Redirecting to <route url>" text) in-between".

By the way, thank you for your help ;)

Last updated 1 year ago.

When you create a redirect the location header is set and an HTML meta refresh is set as a fall back, something is causing the headers to not set properly and the meta refresh is used -- hence the message that you're seeing.

I'm not sure why this is happening if you say there aren't any trailing spaces or line breaks in your files, so let's go back a few steps. What happens if you use a redirect outside of filters, does the following in your routes file produce the meta refresh redirect?

Route::get('/', function()
{
	return Redirect::to('/test');
});
Last updated 1 year ago.

Hi Citricsquid !

Well, you're right, I didn't look so far. Thank you for pointing this out !

So, Redirect::to('/test'); on get('/') route does what it should : it redirects without meta refresh tag. Does that mean there's a problem with the "filter.php" file or in the filter inclusion process ?

Last updated 1 year ago.

That helps isolate the problem, it's related to your filters in some way. The next step is to isolate whether the problem is related to your filters file or if it's related to an individual filter in some way, to do that do the following:

Open app/start/global.php and comment out the final line (// require app_path().'/filters.php';) then beneath that line (still in app/start/global.php) re-type out your filter (or copy it from below) do not copy it from your filters.php:

Route::filter('auth', function()
{
	if (Auth::guest()) return Redirect::guest('login');
});

Then see if the redirect happens properly, doing this will confirm whether or not the problem is with your filters.php or if it's elsewhere in the project.

Last updated 1 year ago.

It's not related to filters.php, the problem remains the same. I checked for special characters in my routes and filter files, but they're alright. Could it have something to do with nginx or php-fpm ? I don't think they are problematic because Route::get('/', function(){ return Redirect::to('/test'); }); worked fine...

Last updated 1 year ago.

Alright, I finally fixed my problem. It didn't come from Laravel, but from nginx.

I noticed my nginx configuration had the following

server{
       [...]
        location / {
            index index.php index.html index.htm;
        }
       [...]
}

But it had to be :

server{
       [...]
        location / {
            try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$args;
        }
       [...]
}

I hope this will help if somebody is facing the same issues.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hello @Nyratas?

Im having same problem but with apaches as the server ... could you help me do the same changes as you did?

Thanks

I was facing this problem for 5 days. I just updated to PHP 5.5 and it started working. (apache)

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Nyratas nyratas Joined 28 Mar 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.