Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Security IOC Laravel.io
Last updated 1 year ago.

toppedoff when were you banned and what is your irc nick name

Last updated 1 year ago.

And if we decide to unban you... We'll be watching you... Always watching...

Last updated 1 year ago.

taftse I couldn't even tell you, it's been like ~3 days. I just used a random name like I always do. I'm completely banned, IP - level, not just an account name.

Last updated 1 year ago.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Last updated 1 year ago.

well then toppedoff whats your ip address so we can unban you

Last updated 1 year ago.

@taftse who do I send it to / how? I don't want to post my IP to the forum. I'm sure it's easy to get but, I mean, you know.

Last updated 1 year ago.

well considering the ban list on the channel is public ...

Last updated 1 year ago.

I remember this now. Man that was remarkably annoying.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hello, so is there any way I could become unbanned?

I really don't feel it's Secure or responsible for me to post my IP to a forum where all can see. It MAY be available in the public irc banned logs, but there it is simply one ip among many others, and to do so you must be looking for it. Through my account, you could easily find my email account, personal info, etc etc etc.

Like i said, it would be extremely irresponsible and insecure for me to post my IP.

As much as I would like to.

I would really appreciate being unbanned and positively contributing to the discussion.

I would really appreciate if there was a more secure way to tell someone who has control of the authentication, as anybody can post and pretend to be who they want, my IP/info so I can take this as a lesson and move on.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Would it be possible to check the IP associated with the irc name ToppedOff?

It would hold the same IP address.

Last updated 1 year ago.

@toppedoff - considering you created this github account only to subscribe to this forum I am not inclined to believe you are being sincere.

Last updated 1 year ago.

@Machuga, I created this github account due to the fact I never had a github account, and yes, as this Was the only way to subscribe to this forum.

Maybe i am wrong, but If I ever have such a problem that i need to create a thread, I usually end up on stackoverflow. However, stack can't help me here...

I never meant to cause such a mess. I really just want to move on from this, this is so childish of me, and for it to act as a barrier to my programming success is even more remorseful.

Last updated 1 year ago.

It's an IRC ban. Learn to nerd and just change your IP or proxy. I'm banned from so many channels, if I need to be in one I can.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I don't think its an IP ban... As could many other users with same IP will be banned as well.

Try cleaning your cookies sessions or using other browser

Last updated 1 year ago.

wut ^

Last updated 1 year ago.

@toppedoff - PM me on IRC to get your ban lifted. My nick is "machuga"

Last updated 1 year ago.

@machuga , lol that's funny. because i can't get on irc. at all.

Last updated 1 year ago.

@toppedoff thats a funny one we don't have control over the freenode network only the #laravel IRC channel if you can't get onto freenode then send a request to the freenode support which can probably be found on freenode.net

@tzookb what @robclancy said cookies, sessions and browsers have nothing to do with IRC

Last updated 1 year ago.

toppedoff as Taftse mentioned, no one has banned you from freenode, only #laravel. You being unable to get onto IRC is likely a misunderstanding of how IRC functions and you are just trying to use our direct web portal to the room. Download an IRC client or use webchat.freenode.com and sign into freenode.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

toppedoff toppedoff Joined 25 Jun 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.