Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Architecture
Last updated 1 year ago.

I suppose Laravel Forge seems pretty good.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Are there any cons of Laravel Forge that I should know beforehand? I've heard its great (being obviously optimized for Laravel).

Last updated 1 year ago.

Forge is not a host for laravel, but it helps you set laravel up on VPS providers. You'd signup for Forge as well as hosting from Linode, DigitalOcean or similar.

Last updated 1 year ago.

DigitalOcean looks like a great company to host sites on! Does it have a mail component? I am using Dreamhost now.. and while it's an okay platform to use.. the restrictions on email addresses can be quite annoying for certain projects.

Last updated 1 year ago.

You won't have any email addresses with DigitalOcean unless you manually install a mailserver via SSH. Otherwise if you want to send emails from your app you can use mandrill. If you want inboxes to use as company emails, you will need to install a mail server or use a third-party such as gmail.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I didn't know about Mandrill! That's awesome. I will dig into that much more and open up the possibilities. Thank you for the information! Do you have any other tips from DigitalOcean or Forge that would be good to know before I dive into it?

Last updated 1 year ago.

If you are looking to host multiple Laravel applications on DigitalOcean, Google Compute Engine or Amazon cloud server then use Cloudways. You can host multiple apps on one server easily.

HOSTING LARAVEL 5.4 PHP 7 Shared Hosting It offers web hosting for your projects in Laravel Framework all versions (4.x up to 5.4), we have support for PHP versions 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 7.0 and 7.1, up to 20 times faster thanks to the storage technology SSD. Http://hostinglaravel.com/

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Failcookie failcookie Joined 20 Mar 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.