Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Configuration
Last updated 1 year ago.

I'm guessing the artisan file is what defines the output for the version number. Try re-downloading just that file and seeing if the version number is updated.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Check the vendor/composer/installed.json see if it says 4.2.x But in vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php it should say VERSION = '4.2.x'

Last updated 1 year ago.

Thanks for the answers guys.

@thepsion5, the artisan file doesn't seem to contain any version number and re-downloading it (which I did) doesn't help...

@Snelvuur, here's what I've got in the files you pointed out:

"name": "laravel/framework", "version": "4.0.x-dev",

const VERSION = '4.0.11';

Apparently the update didn't go well. Is there anything else besides requiring laravel 4.1(2) in composer.json that needs to be done so that composer updates all files? My assumption is that even if I've done some of the upgrade steps wrong, the require statement itself should force the new version to be downloaded...

I'm really puzzled :-/

Last updated 1 year ago.

Unless you've made changes to any packages, try deleting the vendor folder and running composer install again.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Yes, I've done that already but it didn't help... Have you guys upgraded successfully?

Last updated 1 year ago.

Not sure what happened, but I just ran the update again and it failed (which is good, because now I have progress)... Sorry for wasting your time guys, but thank you all!

Last updated 1 year ago.

I had strange hickups in homestead.. posted it here and 2 days later it resolved itself. (maybe posting here helps) :P

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.