Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Authentication Session Forms
Last updated 2 years ago.

what specific error did you get?

The dd('problem'); code executes as if the Auth didn't work. Then I get the "problem" message in screen.

did you test if the Auth did not actually work?

if (Auth::check())
{
    // The user is logged in...
}

neilpato22 said:

did you test if the Auth did not actually work?

if (Auth::check())
{
   // The user is logged in...
}

I didn't. Finally I created a fresh laravel project and tried to did it all over. Magic, now it works!

Hi there,

To all laravel 4 developers who are facing the Auth::attempt() login failure with valid creditials!

I spent hours trying to figure out what is happening as Auth::attempt() does not return any error to show what is wrong except true or false. I searched a lot and i admit that out there there are lot of developers facing this same problem.

Finally, i resolved this error by simply changing the cipher type in app/config/app.php to MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_256 instead of MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_128 and re-hash all passwords in the database and finally all worked fine.

It seems there is a bug in encrypting passwords with MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_128 crypt messages.

For those who knows how to contact Laravel developers please inform them about this so they can resolve it as fast as possible since many many people are facing same problem with no luck.

A simple google search will turn up with lots of search result to different forums with no luck.

Hope i have helped someone out there.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

luciendub luciendub Joined 29 Jul 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.