Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 9 years ago
Blade
Last updated 1 year ago.

Cultt.com, phpacademy on yt, laracasts.com. These are one of the best. Laracasts has more advanced/best practices videos

Thanks, but it seems that none of them have a tutorial where you build a ecommerce tutorial where everything is explained.

@roelof1967, I would ask you to start coding now. Once you start coding, you will start learning. I have developed my own ecommerce platform, 4 year ago. But that was not laravel. And you can start too with scratch. All you have to do is plan on "How - to ?" start.. I will put below mine, on how i started.

1. start creating basic template for your site.

1. Main home page layout.
    2. Category to display all list of product.
    3. Product detail page.
    4. "My Cart" page.
    5. "Checkout" page. Note: in above 5 page, just fill any demo content for now, you can get idea from various website what all things should be there in your website.
  2. When you are done with that creating all layout and demo content. Now start creating database and table for your site with demo.

1. Tables for "product", which will store all product information
    2. Tables for "category". 3 Table for relation table for category and product." 1 product can be in 2 category", so make product-category relation table separately.
    3. Table for storing "order" information.
    4. Table for storing "user" information
    5. Table for "user-order" relation table, as '"1 customer can come back in future to buy another product", so make him only login, instead of asking to create another account , during "checkout".

And when you will start creating them, you will start learning yourself that you might need few more tables for your site like , storing tax percentage, storing "coupon" data, storing shipping method, etc.,

And than lastly create admin panel for doing your "list", "add", "edit", "delete" process from your admin panel.

I was keeping "opencart" open in my next screen , to continuously check, what all things will be required in my ecommerce, and i used almost "opencart" design only for layout.

If you ever fall in problem or need help "stackoverflow" is the big brother for your solution, You simply ask there, either be small question or big, Just ask it, and get it solved.

Keep Learning!

Last updated 9 years ago.

@roelof1967 to actually answer the question that you asked, yes, those are good tuts to get you started. The youtube videos are just grabs from the Tuts+ lessons. Andrew Perkins (who did the tuts) always does a nice job.

DevHack said:

@roelof1967, I would ask you to start coding now. Once you start coding, you will start learning. I have developed my own ecommerce platform, 4 year ago. But that was not laravel. And you can start too with scratch. All you have to do is plan on "How - to ?" start.. I will put below mine, on how i started.

1. start creating basic template for your site.

1. Main home page layout.
    2. Category to display all list of product.
    3. Product detail page.
    4. "My Cart" page.
    5. "Checkout" page. Note: in above 5 page, just fill any demo content for now, you can get idea from various website what all things should be there in your website.
  2. When you are done with that creating all layout and demo content. Now start creating database and table for your site with demo.

3. Tables for "product", which will store all product information

4. Tables for "category". 3 Table for relation table for category and product." 1 product can be in 2 category", so make product-category relation table separately.

5. Table for storing "order" information.

6. Table for storing "user" information

7. Table for "user-order" relation table, as '"1 customer can come back in future to buy another product", so make him only login, instead of asking to create another account , during "checkout".

And when you will start creating them, you will start learning yourself that you might need few more tables for your site like , storing tax percentage, storing "coupon" data, storing shipping method, etc.,

And than lastly create admin panel for doing your "list", "add", "edit", "delete" process from your admin panel.

I was keeping "opencart" open in my next screen , to continuously check, what all things will be required in my ecommerce, and i used almost "opencart" design only for layout.

If you ever fall in problem or need help "stackoverflow" is the big brother for your solution, You simply ask there, either be small question or big, Just ask it, and get it solved.

Keep Learning!

Maybe you could post your code to github ir send to me throw mail :)

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.