Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Views Forms
Last updated 1 year ago.

I ran into the same issue. It seems that Form has been removed from the 4.3 branch.

I'm currently looking into other packages that can replace it, such as https://github.com/adamwathan/bootforms.

Good hunting.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Because you are referencing the classes, not the facades. Check the original aliases.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Just pull it in through composer and set it up like before with the service providers + alias: "illuminate/html": "4.3.*@dev",

In 4.3 I believe it will be just optional

Last updated 1 year ago.

Didn't html and form get removed for a time when 4.0 was in development? I'm guessing there is some reason they need to be removed but they will be put back in.

To make this work the alias is different because pulling it in through composer made a separate vendor/Illuminate directory instead of putting it in vendor/Laravel/Src/Illuminate/Support...

The aliases are

'HTML'            => 'Illuminate\Html\HtmlFacade',
'Form'            => 'Illuminate\Html\FormFacade',

BTW at the moment without the html alias helper functions like link_to_route won't work because they rely on app('html')

Last updated 1 year ago.

@issimmons, they are not being put back. They are being removed from the default Laravel install of 4.3 as of this moment. Taylor could reverse this decision, but as of right now it is out.

Last updated 1 year ago.

See - https://laracasts.com/discuss/channels/general-discussion/43-f... There's an explanation from Jeff Way about it.

Last updated 1 year ago.

@Garbee its removed since it should be a choice to pull it in not everyone will use these things and like the new Flysystem implementation you also need to pull in the aws package to make it work so the framework stays light and won't be cluttered by packages you probably won't need.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.