Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 10 years ago
Configuration
Last updated 1 year ago.

Neat! just doesn't user the user profile settings/packages.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I was using console2, but like this a lot better!

I set Cmder up to open bash by default, is there a way to open sublime in bash the same way you showed above? I tried adding an alias to my .bashrc file, but that didnt work...

alias subl='"%CMDER_ROOT%\vendor\sublime3\sublime_text.exe" $1 -new_console:s75V'

Edit this is the bash I'm referring to http://msysgit.github.io , i created a new task in Cmder and am pointing it to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\bin\sh.exe", i tried the alias below and it didnt work either...

alias subl='/c/Users/Daniel/Desktop/cmder/vendor/sublime3/sublime_text.exe" $1 -new_console:s75V'

Last updated 1 year ago.

Is there a way to put sublime at the top when doing v split?

Last updated 1 year ago.

WOW! This is super sexy <3 really love this. Thanks!

Last updated 1 year ago.

isimmons said:

Is there a way to put sublime at the top when doing v split?

After a while of searching, I finally found a way that ended up being not that difficult.

In the main directory of Cmder, create a new bat file called sublimeConsoleAdd.bat that contains the following :

"%CMDER_ROOT%\vendor\Sublime Text 3\sublime_text.exe" $1 -new_console:s50V cmd /k "%ConEmuDir%..\init.bat" -new_console:s25V exit

Then when you would have subl="%CMDER_ROOT%\vendor\Sublime Text 3\sublime_text.exe" $1 -new_console:s75V in aliases, put subl=sublimeConsoleAdd.bat and that will do the trick.

Since it appears that Cmder only will split to the right or below, you have to create the separate windows in order, then remove the original one that would be above Sublime Text.

Also thanks a ton for this awesome tutorial expositor!

Last updated 1 year ago.

Is there a way to get subl to work while in SSH?

How to do all of this in powershell task of cmder ?

Last updated 8 years ago.

Hello people. I already have sublime installed on my machine under "C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_text.exe"

and I created an alias as this

subl="C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_text.exe" $1 -new_console:s75V

But doesn't seem to work. Do I need to have it in the vendor folder of cmder ?

Hello! I've been unable to achieve the Sublime/Cmder integration result. Tried setting a CMDER_ROOT environment variable, tried using Cmder as an administrator, tried restarting the machine, etc...and I still get the message "The system cannot find the path specified" whenever I try to run: subl . or subl <filename>

Anyone here have any alternative suggestions?

jeffreysbrother said:

Hello! I've been unable to achieve the Sublime/Cmder integration result. Tried setting a CMDER_ROOT environment variable, tried using Cmder as an administrator, tried restarting the machine, etc...and I still get the message "The system cannot find the path specified" whenever I try to run: subl . or subl <filename>

Hi, not sure if you've already solved your problem. The reason Windows is throwing you the error message "The system cannot find the path specified" in this case is because there is are spaces in the file path you're trying to alias.

I encountered the same issue and fixed it by using a shortname in place of "Sublime Text X". You could try the following: subl="C:\tools\cmder\vendor\SUBLIM~1\sublime_text.exe" $1 -new_console:s75V

I got the shortname SUBLIM~1 by following the steps illustrated here Happy dev'ing!

henray said:

jeffreysbrother said:

Hi, not sure if you've already solved your problem. The reason Windows is throwing you the error message "The system cannot find the path specified" in this case is because there is are spaces in the file path you're trying to alias.

I encountered the same issue and fixed it by using a shortname in place of "Sublime Text X". You could try the following: subl="C:\tools\cmder\vendor\SUBLIM~1\sublime_text.exe" $1 -new_console:s75V

I got the shortname SUBLIM~1 by following the steps illustrated here Happy dev'ing!

Hello

I've just made it work using this line in the alias file: (In Windows 7)

subl="D:\Tools\cmder\vendor\sublime-text-3\sublime_text.exe" $1 -new_console:s75V

the folder for sublime can't have spaces or it won't work. On the other hand, the %CMDER_ROOT% as a enviromen variable didn't work so I had to use the exact path to it.

Hope it helps :)

Because cmder is a fork of conemu, will this work with conEmu as well ??

EDIT:

it turns out its possible with conemu as well.

What $1 parameter does? How can I get sublime to open the current folder I am in, like subl . in mac?

[EDIT] Sublime settings: "hot_exit": false, "remember_open_files": false

and Cmder alias: subl="C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_text.exe" . -new_console:s75V

did the trick!

This is working for me, but if I open a new tab in cmder and try opening another file, it'll open that file in the original instance of sublime rather that the current tab. Is it possible to have two separate sublime projects open simultaneously (each in their own cmder tab)?

You may be able to just extract a second portable ST3 in the vendor folder and have a different alias. Could symlink the preferences possibly.

Last updated 7 years ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

expositor expositor Joined 11 Feb 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.